About COST Action FP1303COST - European Cooperation in the field of Scientific and Technical Research - is one of the longest-running European instruments supporting cooperation among scientists and researchers across Europe. COST is also the first and widest European intergovernmental network for coordination of nationally funded research activities.
Among the key objectives of COST FP1303 are:
- A better understanding of the onset of decay, its prevention and remediation
- Comparing materials, especially in different climatic conditions
- A better understanding of how materials perform using various analytical methods
- Linking materials science, chemistry, biology and physics
- Promoting the benefits of biobased materials, so generating greater environmental awareness
- Providing better advice for suppliers and end-users
- Increasing service lives of biobased building materials
More information on COST can be found at the cost website http://www.cost.eu/
Scientific Advisory Committee
Action Chair: Dennis Jones, SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden, Sweden (email@example.com)
Action Vice Chair: Christian Brischke, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Since the Action has passed its mid-point, as indicated in the Action's Memorandum of Understanding, there has been a change in the WG leaders and deputy leaders.
From January 1, 2016:
WG1 leader: Stig Bardage, SP, Sweden (email@example.com)
WG1 deputy leader: Lina Nunes, LNEC, Portugal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WG2 leader: Miha Humar, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia (Miha.Humar@bf.uni.lj.si)
WG2 deputy leader: Sabrina Palanti, CNR IVALSA, Italy (email@example.com)
WG3 leader: Ed Suttie, BRE, UK (Suttiee@bre.co.uk)
WG3 deputy leader: Andreja Kutnar, University of Primorska, Slovenia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
STSM manager: Carmen-Mihaela Popescu, "Petru Poni" Institute of Molecular Chemistry, Romania (email@example.com)
Grant Holder: SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden, Sweden (FP1303GrantHolder@sp.se)
National Management Committee (MC) delegates and substitute MC members details can be found on the following link.